Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Finally! We're out of the crummy apartment!

So, our time has come to an end with living in Manhattan. Trevor left this morning for Chicago and I'll walk out tomorrow for the last time. Yippee!! It was awful. Not only did you have 2 flights of stairs to walk up every time you got home, there was no air conditioning (although didnt' realize that until this weekend when it was 85 degrees) and any one else staying there had absolutely no consideration for anyone else. Saturday night, the guys downstairs stopped partying at 5.30am. I really am an old fart! I would have yelled at them, except I would have had to put on a t-shirt to open the window so I didn't. I wish I had though....I would have felt so much better!

We spent the weekend packing up clothes and stuff and getting over to the new apartment in Newport, NJ. Took a few hours, but not too bad at all. Each time we do the commute by train I'm so happy it's only 15 mins to where we've bought our condo!

I'm at the Hilton for a night on Weds, then late on Thursday I'm off to Chicago when Trev and I will drive to Cedar Rapids for our friends' son's wedding. We're meeting up with friends on Friday night (Penny, not sure if you're around....), and then wedding stuff all day Saturday. I plan on getting a manicure and pedicure at the very least. I'm so proud, I've already figured out what I'm going to wear....shoes and everything. It's a miracle.

Then, when I get back to NY on Monday morning, I'm moving into the next apartment. Commuting will begin. Howeve,r we'll have peace and quiet, aircon and a car to drive around in. Fabulous!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hey, sounds like I can plan on a road trip on Friday night to come see you - wanna do dinner?