Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My husband was right....

Now, this is not something that comes along very often for any man as you know, but I have to give credit where it's due. Over the past week or so my calves have been giving me havoc as I walk to and from work and it's been very painful. I thought I needed a massage (as much as you can NEED something like that), or it was "getting used to NYC" etc etc.

Trev, last night made the comment that perhaps it was the shoes I was wearing. Now, I've admitted before that I've turned in a NYC-ite and wear sneakers and change into "posh" shoes at the office, so it never occurred to me that it was the sneakers. For those fit people and those who buy a lot of sneakers you know that you get what you pay for. Me? I've never, ever paid more than $30 for a pair - and it's only VERY recently that I've been able to say I've worn a pair out.

This morning, I experimented with wearing some good walking sandals (paid about $80 5 years ago for them) instead of sneakers. Whaddayaknow.....not one wince or pain. I could even walk faster than normal. Can you believe it?

I guess this is why people pay lots of dosh for sneakers.....I'm off to get new ones at the weekend. Who'd have thought it.

For the record: my husband was right

1 comment:

Penny said...

I'm sure Trevor is loving being right... let him even gloat about it, as you say - it doesn't usually happen that often - LOL!