Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, May 04, 2006

What a crap day...

There were so many things that made my day crap - and it started off so well. So, here goes....

It really started last night when I ended up having to walk about 10 blocks in the pouring rain....what I didn't realize is that it was the start of crappy things.

I end up finding that 3 people in my team have accepted jobs elsewhere. I've worked so damn hard over the past 2 months to get people hired it was heartbreaking to see people want to leave. On the upside, one of the guys leaving was someone I was forced to promote and didn't want to so i guess there's some just desserts in that.

Another thing that happened was that I had 2 people in my team have an argument AT a client site. How flipping ridiculous...it's like kindergarten. I guess next week i can knock their heads together.

The thing that really set me off today was nothing to do with work. It was with the mortgage company for the St Louis house. Man....was I mad. So, it started Tuesday when I logged into our bank account to check whether had any money only to find that our mortgage payment had been made on May 2nd. That would be fine, except that we paid the mortgage off in April - the payment shouldn't have been made. So, as i never have time to call, I send an electronic email on the website asking them to explain why it'd be taken and could they please take it back. I got back a pissy email saying it'd been forwarded to the internet support group. Now, to me it was plain as day it was a mortgage question....not an internet issue. So, I replied back saying exactly that and "could I please have my money?". I get a reply yesterday that said "could you please use the online form and press 'reply'". Now, given that you have to log on to see the message, I'm not sure how else they think I did the reply. For the 3rd reply I sent a snottogram ... in the mean time, I give up and actually call them. At this point, you'd think that all would have been well.....but oh, no. I call, talk to the guy and he says "yes, I see a payment was made on April 2nd, our process is that you'll get the check 3 weeks after the close of the house". So, I find out that a) they still have my May payment and b) they didn't do the close properly. So, I'm OK about April....just. I ask about May...it takes about 3 goes for him to process that I'm not talking about them paying my escrow back but a payment that was made 2 days ago. he then says (get this) "ok, I see madam that the payment went through and i can confirm that we will refund it. it will take 3 weeks and then a check will be issued to you". I say "3 weeks? you've got to be kidding me!!!!", he says "no madam, I'm not kidding, it'll take 3 weeks". I say "I need to speak to your supervisor". by this time I am STEAMING! It was call center days with the kid reading off a script all over again. Luckily the supervisor was great, understood the problem. She put me in contact with the office that'll offer the escrow (it'll take a week) and also the overpayment (3 days). Hopefully we'll get the dosh back soon.

Not a happy bunny!

On the good side, our new mattress finally arrived at the apartment. They took all the bedding off - and left it all piled on top. they also left all the plastic. Lucky me - I'm off to make the bed now. yeeeeeeeeeeeeha

A gin and tonic after work with my friend Heather worked....but i still can't believe the stupid mortgage company.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I would be soooo pissed!

Glad that you managed to get to someone who will get it handled sooner.

I've got no patience left for call center scripts either. Having worked at APAC has it's uses I guess!