Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh my....what a masseuse!

So, I wake up this morning with my neck giving me so much jip that I decide I must get my crap together and get a massage organized. It was one thing Trev and i did about twice a month was a get a massage in St Louis - but haven't done anything like that since getting to NY. I think with all the commuting and carrying laptops I messed up my neck. That together with the fact it was torrential rain this morning I decided to get the massage. I walked into the spa place opposite this apartment complex and booked an appointment. Nurofen Plus was a godsend also.

Now there are a few things about massage that I'm particular about. 1) I like a sheet and 2) I like a female masseuse (unlike the OBgyn doc where I'd rather have a guy).

I spent the afternoon looking forward to it. When I got there (10mins before), I got mad as i was kept waiting for over 5 mins...in fact I had to walk into the staff room and do the "I'm here for a massage, who do I see?" routine. So, by the time I was changing into my robe I was not best pleased.....and I was even further displeased when I realized that I was in my knickers and it was a guy masseuse. So....I was there and I figured I should try it....especially as my neck was hurting so much.

However........... I have to say (and I'm amazed I'm saying this) - it was the BEST massage i have ever ever had. My neck feels so much better. .... and i find out he'll come to your place rather than going to the spa. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I guess you learn something new every day. It hurt like crap (it's supposed to), but having the muscles stretched and dug into felt so good. Yippee - it's so good to know I found a good masseuse on the first go-around.

I still miss Michele in St Louis though......

No comments: