Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Some sanity is brought to life

First an update. Remember that "spooky" post I told you about seeing a weird ass commercial on the train and I thought I might have imagined it? Well, I didn't. I'm not insane. It's on the train from Hoboken to 33rd St, between 14th and 23rd St stations. It's for a lexus car. I've seen it twice now....so I'll keep on looking to figure out how they do it. At least I know I didn't imagine it. LOL.

My sanity has returned at work - finally. I had a minor meltdown on Tuesday afternoon where I just couldn't think straight. It was my own fault...I started it all. I will try and explain. We'd had bad customer satisfaction results that got published showing a continuing trend of my department's satisfaction with clients - not a good thing given I've only been here a few months. the report was for Jan-Jun. So....I wanted to understand where the scores had come from and do some analysis. I have a website that I'm given access to in order to view specific client feedback - and when I downloaded it for my department there were 5 pieces of info. That's right - 5. Not 500 or 5000 - 5. And of that, 3 was for my sister department. So....my reputation, my team's reputation was based on these 5 entries.

So....since I found out that it wasn't fair representation I forwarded the detail to my project manager and my boss for information. Then I went quietly to a meeting. When I got back Debbie (my boss) was jumping up and down with a "you'll never believe what we need to do" - apparently she took that to her boss who asked her to rewrite the report with a more positive slant. I then took another survey that I do with my clients and put that in the positive. Anyway, it all turned out OK - but way too much work. So much so, I took a sanity day yesterday where I stayed home all day, worked 14 straight hours and got all the stuff I meant to do done.

It was fabulous. all i have to do now is get my project manager working....and not on dumb stuff. she's way too freaking emotional and keeps telling me she's overwhelmed with too much work. Well - know anyone who isn't? I haven't met anyone in years who doesn't have enough to do. what does she think I do? delegate everything and do nothing myself. Hmmmm - so I'm taking her out for a day to get her sane. that will help.

OK, I'm off home!

No comments: