Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Somethings never change...

Well, I was going to write about dumb stuff I see in NY/NJ all the time, but just now that all changed.

You would think late in 2006 gone are the days of inequality and assumptions about what people do for a living. I'm seething.

Here I am sitting at my desk at 7.30am...as I do any morning I'm in the office. I'm checking email, looking at blogs, paying bills, getting my to do list together. What happens? Some freaking dude comes over and asks me where a key is to open a particular office. When I mention that Peg (our admin) may know....he agrees:) Doesn't sound too bad right now - but it was his whole - oh yeah, you're the woman let me ask you. Bear in mind there were 2 guys about 5 paces away.......

Not that I have an issue with being an admin.....but why assume that because I'm female and sitting at a desk - that I AM the admin. I run the damn department.....that's why I'm annoyed. He just assumed.

Sucks.... now I'm in a bad mood all day. Guess I'll dream of our condo....and I'll feel better:)

1 comment:

Penny said...

True justice is when he gets hired by someone about three steps below you and figures out he screwed up. Probably wouldn't happen. But it would certainly be just desserts.

Good luck on closing on the Condo - you gotta be tired of living like a nomad by now.