Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Catch up time

Time has flown by - I had every intention of putting a Thanksgiving update through, then the weekend, then work but it's been so crazy and busy I've not had time. So grab a drink, some snacks and don't get bored:)

Rachel flew in on Thanksgiving morning - we didn't do much other than hang out and eat a full roast - lamb, veg, chocolate cake. We did get some movie watching in - saw Mission Impossible 3 for the first time. Complete crap. I can't believe how awful it was - not that the first 1 or 2 were brilliant but they were worth a watch. It was nice to do nothing. We exchanged gifts too - it was lovely to receive things where a lot of thought had gone into them. Carrieanne sent me a clock that stainless steel...and goes with our decor perfectly. I love it. Rachel gave me an Elton John room scent for the wall socket - love it. Also got a book "The world of Karl Pilkington". If you've not listened to the Ricky Gervais pod casts...then I urge you to - they're so funny. This book is by one of the guys on that. Saving that one for my holiday.

Friday I worked in the morning, Trev and Rachel headed into Manhattan. They walked around Central Park and stuff. We then braved the crowds in the shops as Rach wanted to go to Tiffanys. There, she bought a ring for herself - she was so proud, it was her first completely frivolous purchase! Way to go. We went down to Union Square and shopped - I didn't find anything but Rachel found shoes and a coat. We ended up going home and watching the Davinci Code. Good movie - not as good as the book, but as movies go it was pretty good.

Saturday we headed into Manhattan again - this time to a place called Pomme Frites in Greenwich Village. This is a place that has Belgium fries....with mayo and loads of other sauces (I had Irish Curry - damn good). Pretty good chips they were too. After pigging out on that we went to a wine bar to chill out for a bit before heading uptown to go and see a show - Avenue Q. It's basically muppets for adults - pretty flipping funny. Seats were blinking uncomfortable too.

By this time I was exhausted.....but with a visitor who wants to see NYC we kept going. On Sunday we headed out to an outlet mall. This time it was my time to spend money - they had Ann Taylor - who's clothes I love for work. Got a great deal - 3 twin sets, 3 turtle necks and 1 sweater. All for $250. While that sounds a lot, usually a twin set will run about $90-100....so getting them for $50. Awesome! I'm set until the summer now. I also managed to find the most comfortable pair of boots going....and they have a heal too. Rach didn't find anything at all to buy....a real shame.

Great weekend had by all - am completely exhausted, but well worth it.

Back at work yesterday - and back to working on performance reviews for everyone, all 57 of them. Oh joy. Good job I love my job. I walked past the Macy's Christmas display last night - while completely amazing my walk to the train is hindered considerably. Sucks. But the display was very cute. Guess I'll be getting the subway for that 10 blocks.

A slight rant. I remember being brought up when on buses on trains to give up my seat to someone who's elderly or clearly in need of a seat. It blew me away tonight that a lady who had to be about 75 walked onto the train and not a single person offered their seat up. Well, apart from me that is. I hope people are nicer when i'm 75....although I'm mouthy enough to actually ask to sit down!

I did manage to get some exercise in - I met my trainer early Friday morning and did pilates on Saturday. I felt pretty noble eating the fries that's for sure!! Mind you today....I actually ordered a burger at work for lunch........I must have been hankering for red meat coz it tasted fabulous. I did get my butt kicked at the gym tonight; 20mins on the ski machine thingy....and then Billy made damn sure that I worked enough to pay for it. At least tonight I didn't fancy much dinner and just made a fruit smoothie (my latest "thing"). So...pretty healthy!

The other thing I've done is finally ordering an IPOD Nano. My MP3 player has given up - it craps out after about 30 mins and occasionally lets off a high pitch buzz. So - I did it..... I joined the ranks of the IPOD. Yeah to me.

OK, that's it!

No comments: