Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, February 26, 2007

Busy weekend


It's been so much fun being back in the UK. I can't believe it's Monday already - the weekend flew by.

I arrived on Friday, a little late, but not bad. It went wrong on the M25, a major route around London as part of the road had closed. Rather than taking 90mins to get home, it took over 3 hours. Oh what fun - managed to catch up with mum and dad in the car which was nice. Met up with Tim and had a good ol' greasy spoon lunch (bacon, sausage, egg, mushroom, fried bread, baked beans....yummy). Rest of the afternoon just hung out - did pretty well with jetlag as didn't need to sleep. I even went out for a beer with Tim, Mum and Dad.


Saturday was a whirlwind. I met Diana for coffee/lunch at 11 - was great, a real girly chat. It's funny how the conversation changes when boys are around! Who knew I was a girly at heart:) After that I picked up my friend Lorraine (picture, top right) from the train and we hung out all afternoon in a pub chatting. We hadn't seen each other in 12 years so a lot to catch up on. We dropped in on Mum and Dad to say hi, hung out for an hour and then we went off to see another friend Debbie and her family (her husband Pete, kids Charlotte and Bradley - picture top left). We got takeaway (aka take-out) and drank wine and chatted until the early hours. The kids are so grown up now - Charlotte is 13 and Bradley is 10. So cute to see...I still remember when they were babies. Lorraine and I ended the evening with some cranberry martinis...yummy. The picture bottom left is Debbie, me and Lorraine. Can you believe Debbie and i are 40 this year? Our bdays are 3 days apart so we spent a lot of time reminiscing about what we got up to as teenagers....but only after the kids went to bed!

Sunday was not much better. Tim and I hung out in the morning swapping movies and music as well as hooking up ITUNES with his new IPOD. Then my cousin Caren and family came down and we all met for Sunday lunch at a pub in Woodbridge. Very nice that was too. We took Lorraine to the train so she could go home and Tim and I went back to play with the kids. Luke who's 5 and Ryan who's 3. So, so cute. The picture on the bottom right is of the whole family - l-r Luke, Ryan, Caren, Mum, me, Tim, Dad, Lee (Caren's husband). Great food at Wilford Bridge Pub - I had a full-on roast - lamb, pots, yorkshires, veg etc.
I'm supposed to be meeting up with Deb today (different Deb...) but I've not heard from her. I'm quite enjoying sitting on my butt doing nothing! tonight we're meeting Jenny and Frankie for dinner.
My plan today is to try and get some exercise in.... as I'm lardy already!

No comments: