Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Red wine...

For the first time ever this weekend I cooked with Red wine. We had half a bottle left over from Saturday night so on Sunday when I was cooking beef stew I chucked the wine in. I am a convert - it was fabulous. I'm not a lover of red wine at all so was really worried it would taste like crap - but it was awesome. Yum - something new to do.

It's flipping cold right now (hence the beef stew) - it's going to be a high of 20 today - that's well below freezing level. No amount of scarves and coats make up for it at all. So, so cold.

I'm getting excited about my trip to England in a couple of weeks. My friend Lorraine is coming down from Blackpool and we get to spend the weekend together - that will be fun. I get to see everyone else too and do a lot of shopping. Tim is taking a week off so I'll have a riot. It never ceases to amaze me how all my old friends seem to drop everything to find time to meet up and hang out. It means a lot.

I think I will need to work for one of the days while I'm there - my boss has hired another senior manager in London - someone I worked with in my past job. Not a favourite of mine, so we'll see how it goes. Luckily we're continents apart so hopefully it won't affect me too much. I couldn't trust him, and that's important to me. My boss has done this knowing his reputation so we'll see how it goes.

It's Tuesday, Trev got up at 4am today which is why it's 5am and I'm writing this. How fabulous.

No comments: