Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Goodness gracious me....

So I've not posted in a while....it's been an interesting few days. I'll warn you now, this will be a long one:)

The end of last week started well. Trev got home on Thursday and we hung out, work wasn't too bad. On Friday afternoon I was supposed to get my hair cut and coloured as I hadn't done it in over 3 months. It was the first time in ages that I wished I was in England where taxi drivers know where to go. It never really occurred to me in London where taxi drivers have to take "the knowledge" test. It's a big thing - you can get in any London cab and they'll take you where you want to go. Well....I left work with 30mins to get to my appointment. Thinking I'd hop in a cab it would be plenty of time to get to Soho. Well......the flipping cab driver didn't know where to take me, he drove around, cost me a fortune, where I ended up in the wrong part of town and nowhere near the salon. End result - no haircut and I stomped off home. Not a good start to the weekend. It was nice having Trev home again and we went off back into the city for dinner at a Comedy Club - we saw Craig Ferguson. He's the English guy from the Drew Carey Show....he also has a late night show I think. He was pretty good - but not as good as John Oliver who we saw a few weeks ago.

Saturday was a normal day - my mammouth training session (cardio, Billy, pilates) and then hanging out at home eating everything in sight as i was so hungry:):) Oh well, at least I had worked off all the calories before I ate. Saturday night we were really boring and stayed home.

Sunday is when the drama started. The day started normal enough - bit of work, off to yoga, lunch with the guys upstairs. It was raining hard and had been for some time - there was a front coming through and it was all over the telly but we thought it wasn't that bad. When we got back from lunch we bumped into other neighbours who were surveying our garage and the water leaks. There were loads.....and loads....and loads. Turns out that in the basement the water was leaking where it usually did plus a load of other places. While it wasn't loads of inches, there was a LOT of water. On the 2nd floor, both neighbours had water coming through walls and ceilings....it made us not want to check out apartment. Every single apartment had some kind of leak. For whatever reason we got off really lightly with just a leak in the little bathroom. Then, later that day the power went out. On top of this there was a fire a block away where a lumber yard had gone up in smoke - to check out the pics of that and the water in our town click this http://hoboken411.com/archives/6530

Anyhow, enough said - but we're still waiting for estimates etc. It's been crazy - something we just don't need. Oh well, until this gets fixed my list of items that I need from the builder gets longer and longer. The fun thing was we had a building party - got a load of candles, put the grill on, brought food and ate and drank merrily until the power came on around 10. We love our neighbours - what a great crowd!

Oh yea! Work has been crazy as always. Enough said.

No comments: