Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, June 01, 2007

Fallout, a fight (well, almost) and a general catch up

It seems to be the week where I cause commotion at work. It's not intentional, but it has taken a lot of time to get straight.


First I thought I'd pissed my boss off last week, but when I talked with her I hadn't really. She just wanted to wait a while before I hire any managers to work for me - while that's great on paper, I cannot continue to manage so many people. It's very draining and more importantly, I'm not having any fun at all. I'm keeping my head up, trying not to sweat the small stuff and remind myself that my job pays for nice things like massages, a personal trainer and holidays abroad. Keep the thought...that's what I keep telling myself.


Second was about our program for bonusing for new sales lead program. I asked my bosses boss for some advice (at the suggestion of my boss) and it went belly up. He went absolutely mad and started calling the account managers etc. I never even got my question answered. BTW - this had nothing to do with me, however I felt responsible as I couldn't even give the guys a heads up that an missile was coming through. It all righted it the next day, but it didn't stop me feeling bad. I still had to tell someone who worked for me that they had been paid too much money with this program. My guys don't get paid a huge amount so this is a big deal for them.

So, the fight. Friday night I went for a drink with my friend Mary Ann at a bar near Penn Station. We had fun, Trevor joined us and it was fun. She went home after a while and Trev and I stayed, had dinner and sat and talked. We had our own booth. As time went by a bunch of construction workers came in, clearly on a "do" of some sort. There was one particular guy, in his 60s, who was pie-eyed. He had 2 bottle of beer (one in each hand) and then a lunch bag slung over his back. He kept staggering around and nearly knocked me in the head a couple of times. I touched his bag a few times and told him to watch out, he was going to knock his beer over. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that he'd put his beer on our table - so much for a private booth. Well on one of his rounds he had put down both bottles of beer and swung around and if I hadn't stopped him, the beer would have gone over us. I pushed him and told him to watch his beer. Well, he turn round, got in my face and started effing and blinding at me. I thought it was quite funny, which really didn't help - but bless Trev - he got up started yelling at the guy "that's my wife you're talking to"....cute eh? By this time the manager was helping us and the guy had a couple of buddies who were trying to steer him away. Anyway, fight averted, we paid and went home.

In other news - we have all the plans for Jamaica. Looks like Carrieanne may be coming with us - I'm so excited about that. We'll see. Mum and Dad have their tickets too so it's awesome that we'll all be together.

On the gym, I added a further 10 minutes to my mammouth Saturdays. This is how a Saturday goes....
10 min cardio (stairmaster, ski machine)
1 hour Billy
10 min rest
1 hour Pilates
10 min cardio (stairmaster, ski machine)

the thing to add to this is that I did during my hour w/Billy 10 mins uphill climb on the treadmill and also 4 mins on the stair master. Needless to say I feel like that's a huge accomplishment. If only it'd turn me to a size 8...

On the giving up chocolate front, I can now confirm I am addicted. While I was not eating chocolate I didn't really want it and focused on other sweet stuff like yogurt, jelly etc. On Saturday I tried a few pieces of chocolate (can't remember why), and by Sunday night I was back to eating crap loads of it. today I've struggled but I'm back on the straight and narrow.

OK, I have to go to sleep.

No comments: