Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My mid-year review

Well...it went better than in December, which is good. Overall I'm rated superior again - if it had been "OK" like in December I think I would have cried (well, internally at least).

We talked a lot about how I can't be great at anything but average at everything because of the situation I'm in with the number of direct reports. While at the beginning of the year the plan was to hire some managers to take the day to day crap away that's not occurred, and it's unlikely to before the end of the year with the number of changes that are taking place.

In synopsis
- I've done well at getting projects underway on how the team are focused
- Senior mgt have noticed that I can not only produce fancy dancy reports, I really understand the inner workings. Apparently I should do more of it:)
- I've done well getting rid of bad staff and developing the "OK" peeps to good

As my followers will know I've wanted to change my role for a while and get back to what I'm really good at. We talked last week about maybe engineering a change for the both of us but who knows what will happen. I made it clear today that if my dream program management job landed on my desk I'd take it in a heart beat. Hopefully something will turn up.

She really didn't have any complaints - and that's good.

No comments: