Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A mega update

OK ok, I've been gone. Can you believe it's Weds night already and I've not updated since last week. Catch here updates on everything from dieting to The Police concert to my friend Heather finished the NYC marathon. Isn't it amazing that when you get out of the blogging habit, a week flies by. I'm endeavouring to get back to each day again.

Dieting - I'm not doing too bad. I've lost 9.5lb since Oct 1st so I think that's not bad. I'm definitely in the groove for protein, carb, protein, carb etc. I always cheat for sushi, but then that's not bad. I really can't be arsed to keep writing what I eat - my brain never remembers anyway.

Exercise - I have a schedule, I work out a lot, I can see changes although I'm missing pilates classes. I do this usually in a week: 2 (or 3) spin classes, 2 weight training sessions, 1 hour of cardio on stair master and then maybe a class or 2. I don't think that's bad at all - and hopefully with the diet will result in a few dress sizes lost by the new year. Here's hoping.

The Police. OMG it was FANTASTIC. They were brilliant. We had awesome seats and they did a good show. I have a story about getting to Atlantic City....thanks to our GPS system. Anyhow what we didn't realize was that our GPS system in the car was set to "avoid toll roads". Now I have to say I know it's an easy drive and I also knew within about 20 minutes that it was doing something funky. When it took us off the highway and drove us to Staten Island, NY I thought it was odd....even more weird when it put us back over to NJ about 10 minutes later on to the original highway. To cut a long story short we took the scenic route....and instead of taking under 2 hours, it took 3.5. I was not too happy. The worst bit? A husband who wouldn't admit it was all weird until we finally got to AC. When I took over the driving and I got onto the "Atlantic City Expressway" (a big hint eh?) I ignored the GPS when it wanted to take me off. We were in our hotel in under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes a woman to make it happen! Anyhow....on the way home we configured the system properly and it took under 2 hours. Good job as we had to be in NY for the marathon.

The NYC Marathon. I've never been to something like that before. Because we drove back from AC we couldn't watch from the 4 vantage points that had been agreed. So, we targeted point 4 in The Bronx. We timed it brilliantly - and I'm in such awe of these people. At that time we were at about mile 20 and they were still running. It was amazing. Then Heather ran past, stopped to say hi for a sec, swore blind she'd never do it again and ran off. We then got on the subway and hot-footed it to Central Park ready for the big finish. We only had to wait a few minutes and Heather shot past again with only 300 yards to go. While we had to shoot off before we saw her when she had got her medal (Trev was off to the airport) but it was still cool to see. One day later we were having a celebratory beer and she was talking about doing it again next year. Amazing eh?

In other news...

I'm one step closer to getting a different job. I'll probably stay in the same area, but looks like I'll have some kind of program manager role which will be great. I got the job description today so all that remains now is understand expectations and the most obvious - how much more moolah will I get. Watch this space for more info.

My boss. On the whole I like working for my boss. She's supportive, I enjoy the autonomy and I like what I do (most days). What's pissing me off right now is that she takes 3 hour lunch breaks at least 3-4 times a week. I wouldn't mind, but I don't even get out. That's what worries me about the new job - but I guess with none of the direct reports I'll have more time....right?

I do actually have pics to upload of The Police and the Marathon, but I'm having issues with blogger. The buttons aren't working. I'll post it when I get to work (as it'll probably work then).

OK that's enough rambling. I think I've done enough and now I'm off to watch telly.

No comments: