Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, January 21, 2008

My new Williamsburg

Living in Iowa for 7 years I have lots of memories - on the shopping front at least trips to Williamsburg, IA were always looked forward to. It's an outlet mall with loads of name brands selling stuff cheaper than the regular malls. When we moved to St Louis one of my biggest complaint was that was not a decent outlet mall.

After starting our MLK day off today well by going to the gym and meeting Billy, I found my new Williamsburg. It's a 45 minute drive away and is full of lots of designer places. I did deliberately miss Armani and Chanel as I don't want to visit in case I like it:) I did pop into Kate Spade, Eddie Bauer, Williams Sonoma, Le Creuset, Jones New York.

The intent of the trip was to buy new dinnerware and silverware (for the British amongst you, crockery and cutlery) - we had looked on Williams Sonoma website and our neighbour said that if you drove to the outlet shop it's 1/3rd of the price. That's all I needed to hear. So.....we now have some nice new plates, dishes and cutlery. It's so nice to use new stuff.

Other than that we didn't buy too much at all - returned stuff at Eddie Bauer and bought a couple of bits and pieces. We were pretty good at holding back the credit card.

Anyway, very happy that when people visit we now have a true outlet mall to visit.

No comments: