Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, March 14, 2008

End of a training era

My trainer quit. I'm gutted and mad all at the same time. I signed up at new year for 50 sessions on the basis that he'd be there. It's not cheap, but buying this number gets me a good discount and it's worth it. I'm mad at Billy because he quit. And let me down. He went on "2 weeks vacation" then apparently 30 minutes before we were due to meet he canceled and said he'd quit.

I've never been so gutted. It feels terrible. Now, it's not like I've not been working out or anything like that - I have my classes etc and I keep up with them deliberately. But....it's not the same as a trainer.

I was also told that I could get my money back, but when I actually tried to do that this week it wasn't allowed. Worse, the way I was treated has left me with a very very bad taste in my mouth. This new management at the gym sucks.

Today I bit the bullet, called the gym, and asked to set up a training session with Mitch. It's who Billy recommended. I find it very weird when I talked to Rob (who introduced himself as head physiologist and been in the job 6 weeks) that he didn't know where Mitch was. He wanted to palm me off with another dude.

So I'm now stuck in a rut. I have 34 sessions to use up and with no trainer I want to train with. I feel duped.

And I'm still pissed at Billy for being so hot-headed that he left me in this position.

Totally totally depressed.

No comments: