Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, March 07, 2008

Excited

We made it to Iowa. I still have my stinking cold, but if I take enough cold medicine I can be in continued denial.

We've been here less than a day and we're going through the "You Know You're in Iowa When...." - here's the list so far:

- bad, bad karaoke (I can't even describe how bad) and people think this is "THE" night out of the week
- smokey bars (I'd forgotten that you smell at the end of the evening
- breakfast, out, for 2, for under $20
- hotel room service is run by the over 60s
- there's a super-Target AND a Super-Walmart within a mile of each other
- the snow piles are taller than you are

....not a bad start for less than 24 hours

I can't wait to see everyone tonight.

1 comment:

Penny said...

OK, not too much of an IowaN here, as I do get most of the list! But, you gotta explain the 'smokey bars' part... don't they have smokey bars in NY??