Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, April 25, 2008

The Doctor

So, this post is about my actual doctor - not one of my favourite shows, Dr Who. As an aside, if you've not watched Dr Who....see it. That, and Torchwood. I think they're on SciFi channel as well as BBCAmerica.

So, since having flu a few weeks I've got the following ailments:
- really bad cough, dry, annoying to everyone and myself
- my rash that was on my eyes is better but it's now spread to top of legs, chest, hands and forearms
- I need a prescription for my HRT - I'm bad at taking it but need something to stop the night sweats (oh, the joys of menopause.....even so, better than PMT and periods!!)
- My thigh muscle hurts. It's hurt about 8 weeks. I thought I'd just pulled a muscle but rest and exercise haven't made it any better. I think I should get an xray/scan/MRI just to check it's nothing more serious

So....I have the name of an orthopedic surgeon and an obgyn so will be making appointments next week.

For the flu symptoms I have the following:
- inhaler for morning and evening
- cough medicine 3 times a day
- hydrocortizone treatment for the rash

Apparently the diagnosis was that I have allergies - and that the rash that is creeping around my body is the same as the cough - and you can't itch a cough.

So, we'll see how that all goes.

This weekend I get to choose all the colours for the walls and floor. We are having the place decorated throughout while we're in Colorado. The walls, woodwork, having the TV mounted on the wall, surround sound, bathroom floors redone and then mirror/waste disposal in the kitchen. I can't wait. They're also going to put together the cabinets I bought for the living room. Oh yeah!!

No comments: