Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sick sick sick


Oh my....I can honestly say I've not been this sick in years. I've taken 2 days sick from work and I feel terrible. Since Sunday afternoon my temperatue has been between 100-103 - this afternoon is the first time I've felt even a vague inclination get off of the bed or to open the PC (yeah, I know....it was bad). I think this is the first time I've taken sick leave at this company - and I've been there 5 years. Usually I'm a "I'll work from home today as I don't feel good"...that just hasn't been possible this time.

It is definitely flu. I looked it up on WebMD, and I have ALL the symptoms. Even the weirder symptoms like an eczema type rash on the eyes (think like teenage mutant ninja turtles....that's EXACTLY what it's like) - check out the pic.

I can't believe it's wiped me out like it has. I can see me being out of action for the entire week - I'm so tired.

One thing I don't like is the fact that I have terrible back ache....and nothing is helping. Makes for being most uncomfortable.

When I'm up for it I'll post about the past weekend when we had friends to stay.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Are you sure it isn't mono? I remember when i was that sick and they gave me two IV bags to re hydrate. I hope you feel better soon.
Love you

Penny said...

Hang in there - everyone at work has been passing it around - so it was probably good I wasn't in the office this past month. Hope you're feeling better soon.