Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wow

Had a really quiet weekend - I haven't spent a whole lot of time working (maybe an hour...not bad for me!) but have hung out with Tim (watching him play Call of Duty 4...oh joyfulness) and got some administrative stuff sorted on my laptop (you know, like reviewing your favourites list that's 3 years old...I swear, I think about 50% were invalid) and watched the patient.

Mum's doing OK and while her knee is sore she's in good spirits and getting around OK. I think the funniest is the toilet....the door is wedged open with the frame that's over the toilet....which is pretty funny if she's caught short...hahahah. Oh well, we all know being in hospital and recovery strips you of dignity...this is just more proof. Her first doc's appointment is tomorrow and we'll hear if the symptoms she's experiencing right now are normal. Watch this space.

Tim bought himself a gas barbeque... upgrading from the charcoal one from two weeks ago. It's pretty flipping smart....I just wish I could export it:) Totally overkill, especially as i could probably pay half the price....but even so, very very cool.

As Mum couldn't travel we went round there for a barbie. We've definitely mastered the art of marinading food...and cooking it so it tastes fantastic. That and salad is actually pretty healthy. We took the meat, salad etc round to Mum and Dad and then for dessert we had home grown rhubarb. I love rhubarb...and it's so hard to find great fresh rhubarb so I'm on the hunt for seeds etc and I'll grow it myself!

Mum and Dad managed to surprise both Tim and I tonight. I think we were speechless. They gave us a gift each which was wonderful - and totally unnecessary. However, thank you. We love you too.

Back to work tomorrow.....not really in the mood, but hey that's what pays the bills. Happy Monday for tomorrow to everyone!

No comments: