Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering...

This is my first September 11th where I'm home and in the office in Manhattan for the day. Since I've lived here, I've always managed to be on holiday or a business trip or something - not planned, it's just the way it turned out.

Coming into the city this morning was surreal. There is an unspoken reverence here; people are going about their business as usual, but it seems quieter. Not as much chatting, some knowing glances and an overwhelming sense of honour and pride. I felt the same thing when I was in London the day after the 7/7 bombings a few years ago.

These days I'm definitely Amglish......I feel honour (or is that honor....!!) and pride for feeling both American and English all at the same time. I'll never lose my heritage, but I've come to love the country I call home right now.

No comments: