Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, October 26, 2008

My visit to China Town

I had such a great day yesterday with my friend Sharon. After working out in the morning we drove into the City and spent several hours in China Town. The purpose of the trip was to go and see this highly recommended Chinese doctor regarding my ankle. While it's much better than it was it's not where it was before I had the accident. This trip was $20 for a consultation - what did I have to lose.

We started our afternoon with leisurely dim sum - I love it. It's so cool and there's loads of choice. While the weather wasn't the best (at times it was raining like crazy) we had a lot of fun. After that we headed to the doctor. Oh, now was THIS an experience.

Everything in China Town is tatty and run down, but there's such a vibrant energy it makes you go back time and again. We went and saw Dr Mak... oh my word, what a dump. It was dirty and very small. He had a little dog too that kept peeing on the floor (I kid you not!!). Anyway - he looked a lot, swabbed with alcohol, did a bit of massage, told me that my tendon was overstretched. Anyway, he moved it around a bit then he slathered on something that looked like dark brown peanut butter and told me to wear it for 24 hours, which I did. I have absolutely no idea if it's fixed yet, but if it's not I'm to go back next Saturday. We'll see - for $20 what do you have to lose. While I'm writing this it's aching a bit, but I did do a lot of walking yesterday.

After visiting the doctor we visited a tea shop (where I bought some plum tea....I'm trying to kick my Crystal Light addition!!) and then we spent ages going round grocery and kitchen shops. There's so many cool things, but while I did buy a few things I decided to wait for Tim to come over because I know we'll end up getting sucked into loads of stuff.

When we were done we headed back to Hoboken we met up with another friend, Carla, for dinner.

By the time I got home at 9pm I was knackered!

Today friends from England, Jenny and Frankie, arrived. They're here for a week so we should have a lot of fun.

Have a great week!

No comments: