Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13th 2009 - 10 year anniversary

Today is an important day for me. The last 10 years have flown by .... when I think back it seems like just yesterday. A lot's happened since then.

10 years ago today I had a hysterectomy, age 31. It wasn't all plain sailing but I can truly say that it was one of the best decisions I made. No periods, mood swings, food cravings etc etc etc. I've learnt to deal with the other stuff (hot flashes if I don't take HRT etc) and it's really not a big deal.

I'm healthier than I've ever been and I know that at some point the endometriosis will return and I'll end up with bowel surgery - the doc said 5-10 years at the time....and I'm getting no symptoms that means I have to go through with all that.

Every time I think of that I know that the investment (ie Billy) I make in my health is worth it.

Wooohooo! Here's to the next 10 years!

Ladies, if you're ever in doubt - don't be. Just do it! While recovery takes a little while, it's worth it in the long run!

No comments: