Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, January 13, 2006

Good news and Bad news

Good news: Trevor started his job on Thursday....and he's loving it already. He can work from home and he's with people he likes working with. It may not be a NY salary...but he's happy and that's all that counts. They also said I'd prob get offered a job too if I wanted it so if we don't like NY then I have a fallback plan....perfect!

Bad news: My mum emailed this week...the docs found a "mass" in her abdomen. She needs emergency surgery for a) a hysterectomy and b) removal of the mass. They've told her it could be a tumor or cancer...they don't know. they have 3 surgeons on hand, and have warned her she may lose her bowel. She seems OK, although I was losing it when in true British fashion the emergency surgery was scheduled in 2 weeks (Jan 25th). Over the shock, I'm OK too - I'll be in the UK at the end of Jan for the surgery....from there we'll see - right now I fly back after a week but that can always change.

Obviously family comes first, but work have been great. It's been "whatever we can do". The company I work for allows for both remote and home working as it's a global company. that means I'll be able to do whatever I need. Right now I'm on the positive side so I'll be in NY full time by end Feb.

This weekend we're in NY looking for places to live. rather than scouring we're hanging out in different neighbourhoods trying to find out what we want to do. I've made 2 decisions: 1) only 1 train (no changing) and 2) 30-45 mins is the max commute. We'll see what that brings us. Hanging out in NYC for the last few days we're getitng more excited about being here.

so now I'm starting to plan what shows I want to go and see....Spamalot, The Producers.....I can go on. Ooooh what fun!

No comments: