Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Next steps...

I got my letter finally on Friday......was really peed off that they called the job "team leader".....but they have changed it to manager so I'm OK now. Haven't signed it yet. I'm off to the Big Apple for a week to check it out - let's see what we find. I'm still a bit worried that I'm not getting really excited - but that's prob the stress of the whole move. It didn't help that my old boss was winding me up about my old job - especially as i got the travel schedule for the year - 4 trips to England I would have had. May be that's why i feel bad. Oh well.....once I get to NYC it'll be good.

On Trev's side we had a turn of events - for the good (I might add). He traveled to Chicago on Thursday to interview for a job at a company where a lot of ex-colleagues from his current company work. He enjoyed meeting up with Carlos, Jane and Justin - and they offered him a job. The job is home based and he can travel to Chicago a few days a week. We figure it's better to be employed rather than wait a few months for a work permit, especially with our current financial situation. The pay isn't brilliant, esp if we're living in NYC but it's better than nothing. They've said they'll pay travel, internet access, get a VOIP phone etc and laptop so will be cool. Think Trev's looking for a break so this will be good - it's doing relationship management and project management so he'll have a blast. They've also said they'll hire me if I'm interested (which I'm not right now).


Will be strange not having us working at the same place but should be fine. Think we'll look now to buy an apartment in manhattan (a closet sized one...but one nonetheless) as I won't want to travel too far if I'm on my own. Prices are ridiculous but I guess we'll make money....and that's something we didn't do in the mid-west.

We did nothing this weekend other than get a massage, have dinner with friends at Zhivagos, a Russian restaurant. Met my trainer this morning to work it all off so feel better.

Oh well...off to get dinner

No comments: