Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Looking for apartments

So I've been here in New York for 4 days. It's been a good weekend. My friend Melissa from Hartford came down for the weekend - we went shopping (gotta love Macy's), hung out and then went for dinner in Chelsea. We met up with a friend we both know from APAC days. John now lives in Fort Lauderdale and was in NY for work. Was good to meet up again. A few things I'm going to have to adjust to:

1) it costs $100/person without that much alcohol. The food was amazing (we had sushi) - however, I couldn't believe the cost
2) the fact that everyone goes out for dinner after 8pm and then stays out in very crowded bars for hours and hours

I felt very old... I know in England I'd meet people for dinner at 8.30pm...but having been in the midwest for a decade I got used to dinner at 6. Oh well, we'll figure it out.

On the apartment front, I'm seeing a couple of apartments later today - hopefully I'll have more news.

No comments: