Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Early mornings and late nights...

OK, so we're getting used to the commuting between NY and Chicago....I have to say though that my husband seems to enjoy getting up at 4am on a Tuesday for a 6am flight and getting home at 11pm on a Thursday night. Personally I think it's ridiculous....primarily because then I end up either working at home or at work by 6am. I'm tired, but I've had enough sleep that I can't get back to sleep - and believe me, I've tried. I'm exhausted.

I've explained to Trev that perhaps he could get an 8am flight on a Tuesday and get back around 7 or 8ish on a Thursday would be awesome...and wouldn't be so tiring on both of us when it came to recovering at the weekend. We'll see.... I hope so as I'm so tired I don't know what to do.

We've managed to get a sub-lease for June and July in Newport, NJ - so we'll figure out how well I'll like commuting. I have to say the longer I'm in Manhattan...the more I want to be here. Well, with the exception being that we can't afford anywhere, and if we can afford it you can't swing a cat in it.

We're off to Connecticut to see friends at the weekend which will be good - and a great break. We'll also see if we can get some apartment viewing in too.

Work is crazy crazy....I've hired about 14 people in 6 weeks with about 4 more vacancies to go. I can't wait until it's done. I have my first full team meeting on Thursday - a few presentations followed by cocktails (of course). I had feedback from HR that some people feel that I'm distant and haven't talked with them yet - I'm still trying to figure out who it/they are because I think I've talked w/everyone. Oh well - I have to keep reminding myself that I've only been here 6 weeks. Oh, what fun:)

Back to the grindstone..........

No comments: