Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I love TIVO

Oh my......we have survived 6 weeks without Tivo or the equivalent. For those of you who aren't familiar with the technology it's basically a 21st century VCR. You program to record all your favourite programs - the difference is that you can tell it to record all episodes. The best thing is there's always stuff to watch and you never have to watch live TV....benefits? scrolling through commercials takes 5 seconds. I love it. Season passes are the best (ie. you get ALL CSI's recorded, or Law and Orders etc).

Before we left St Louis, I had Trev bring up our old Tivo box but had never quite got around to hooking it up. I DID IT THIS MORNING. By tonight.....we'll be back to our old selves. Yippee.

It's the Tribeca Film Festival right now so I'm feeling like we're "supposed" to go and check it out. Just don't feel like it really. We're pining for home cooked food so I suspect we'll go to Macy's and buy some baking tins and then I'll roast a chicken. haven't had yorkshire puddings in 2 months - I'm desperate. That'll make me feel like we're at home.

Can't remember if I said, but we've signed a 2 month lease for June and July to stay in New Jersey. We'll see if we like it (prob not...but at least it's more modern than the dump we're in now).

No comments: