Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Football season...

For those that haven't been paying attention it's the FIFA world cup right now. Football = soccer. it's a big big deal in the rest of the world and it's been really hard watching both England and the USA at the same time. At 2 of the 3 1st found games I was in meetings - although I had managed to sneak home for the 2nd game and had it on mute. Easier now that the USA is out but this morning is England's round 2 game at 11am. We're in preparation for it - what drinks/food will we need. Very cool. Have to say though it's only once every 4 years that I get into footy...but it's fun doing it. I've spent quite a lot of time over past 2 weeks explaining to colleagues how it works (you know, leagues, you qualify for the world cup, it's a world cup with more than a single county - LOL).

One thing I love about being in NY is that the football is remaining on the TV's even though the USA is out. Flipping marvelous.

Had a great week at work this week. Thursday especially. I had a team lead meeting where I was decreeing that we had to get much better about communication, how we do it, good things, bad things and showing the company how important our relationships with our end users are. However, I had invited the editorial team (the most famous part of our company) and rather than the 15 mins i had planned it turned into one of those sessions where brainstorming on what clients really need took off. My gut told me that that this should continue.....and it turned out so so well. We all had a great idea for change, got funding an dnow we're full steam ahead. Penny, it reminded me of the meeting with you and Alex when we had that cool idea for programming. It's moments like that that make it all worthwhile....:)

Am having quiet weekend. Trev's home so we're watching TV, shopping, cooking and generally being lazy. We did find a shopping mall less than a mile from home - and it's flipping huge. Can you believe that i didn't know it was there????? Dangerous though.... especially as it has Macy's!

1 comment:

Penny said...

I'm not the least bit suprised... you and I can practically smell out the shopping centers - if you remember trying to find the "British" shop in Dubuque... lol!