Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Things I'm learning about commuting

I've been commuting a while now. Here are my lessons.

- Comfy shoes has a whole new definition (you walk EVERYWHERE)
- You always need to have a map with you
- Taxi drivers a) don't speak English well b) ask you what route you should take (when you don't know how to get there)
- Make sure you have dollar bills in case you need to tip someone
- Money disappears....haven't yet figured out why (taxies, coffee etc)
- You don't need to take your laptop everywhere
- Your handbag is the size of a house (it has to be able to carry shoes, an umbrella and a jacket)
- You have to have an umbrella
- An MP3 player is a MUST


Even so, I love it here. Now we're in the 2nd temporary apartment it's even better. We're more settled already:)

1 comment:

Penny said...

I love living the city life vicariously through your blog!