Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Too many headaches for one week

The week started out OK although horrendously busy as always. Tuesday night, our friend Matt came into town from Iowa - of course we went for a few beers.... Started off in Bar 41 (my work local), then to Mulligans for bangers and mash (our old local in Manhattan, bangers = sausages), ending up in The Joshua Tree for martinis. I had the biggest headache Weds morning....and totally deserved. However we had a terrific evening - and I really relaxed from work that night. then on Thursday it was F2N/N2F - that's face to name/name to face - something that I manage to gatecrash every month. It gives me a chance to meet new people in Reuters. The other things that went on this week were unpacking the remaining boxes and cleaning the apartment. While it was Ok, the floors in the bathroom and kitchen were gross...to the point where Trev thought they were bad:):) Now they're beautifully scrubbed

With all that activity the week went by soooo quickly. Our weekend was mostly nice. We made an expedition out in the car to Sams Club, about 15 miles away. It was refreshing to be in Sams...although after $500 I was wondering why we'd even gone through the door (don't worry, it wasn't all groceries - we bought a printer and new electric toothbrushes along with the groceries!!). We also made it into Walmart (as it was next door) but didn't pick up too much stuff. I feel more at home just by having a full fridge and freezer.

We had roast lamb for dinner today....I did purchase roasting dishes etc as I knew we couldn't wait until the condo before eating yorkshire puddings - and they turned out fabulously! The lamb was amazing. We have a lot of leftovers...esp as we had a curry last night too. It feels homely.....and comforting. I love it.

Back to chaos tomorrow....

No comments: