Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, June 05, 2006

What a weekend!

So, the plan was to have a good weekend in Iowa for a wedding. It didn't start off too well, but we had a good time. Tiring though as it was only 3 weeks since our last visit.

Let's start at the beginning. I had rearranged my Thurs afternoon flight to the 8.35pm flight because of work commitments. That was OK...except I had to give up a dinner that I really wanted to go to to get to the airport. Except that when i got to the airport my 8.35pm flight was boarding at 10.30pm. Then 10.45pm. Then 11pm, Then 11.30pm. Finally got on board about 11.45pm. Sucks.....got into Chicago at 3am CT. By the time we got to the hotel and unpacked it was nearly 4am CT....so my body clock was getting ready to wake up.

That was the only bad bit of the weekend really but I was tired for the rest of it because of that. Drove up to Iowa, was sad that only Bet arrived for a beer....not sure where all the other buggers were (not you Penny...>I knew you were busy) but hey ho, their loss. That gave us time to get back early and some sleep. Up the next morning, went for a pedicure with Carrieanne and then to the wedding. It was pretty good overall and they looked really happy.

Trev then had a flight booked Sunday afternoon to Atlanta rather than hanging out in Chicago..... had to book a quick hotel as he'd forgotten - I love Hotwire....flipping brilliant. I liked working with them when they were my client, and I like using their service. I got a 4 star hotel, right at the airport for $78. the Westin no less. It was great.

We're off to Chicago again on Friday to meet up with another friend for the weekend - should be a riot, although I'm so tired with all the traveling. Hopefully it won't be as late as last week!

No comments: