Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, June 05, 2006

Update on the "work moment"

So, I've done a lot of soul search the past few days and have realized my style needs to change in this new job. There is no way I can function as I have before.....at least I've realized - it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

1) No more doing email for hours and hours each day
2) Focus on the big stuff, not the insignificant
3) Really make changes on how things are done
4) Spend more time out and about with my team

What I've changed:

1) All email that I'm cc'd on get routed to a different folder (thank goodness for "rules" in Outlook)
2) Spend at least 2 hours a day creating documents and talking process at a strategic level. I'm using one account as the guinea pig...but it's the one that needs the effort
3) Booked regular meetings with each of my teams (I have 12)
4) Will book meetings for other groups outside of my remit

Doing these things will make me feel better.

Next.....losing weight and getting back to a gym!

No comments: