Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, August 21, 2006

A quandary

Today was a weird day. When I arrived at work this morning, I was asked for my ID outside the building...never had that happen before. I shrugged it off and continued on my day. I had 3 new people start today so have been running around sorting them out. Just after lunch an email comes out stating there had been a security breach and that if we wanted to anyone in the company could work from home if they choose tomorrow. Nothing else, just that. Can you imagine the confusion and apprehension that caused?

What are you supposed to make of that? personally, I can think of nothing better of staying home catching up without 59 people asking me inane questions. That and...why put myself in a position where there's a possible security breach? Except...that my new hires elected to be at work, most of my team will be at client sites. Why do I feel guilty?

I'll be working like crazy tomorrow....so don't understand why I feel like this. I see no point in going in...so I'll be home. But I'm thinking of the guys...and the guilt is setting in.

PS - remember that post about the cleaning lady who didn't wash her hands after hitting the bathroom. I saw it again tonight. I think I need to make a complaint...what do you think.

Oh yeah, and on the train on the way home tonight I witnessed my first full blown couple argument. We're talking raised voices....and what was even funnier is that she was complaining about how he couldn't resolve an argument without raising his voice and being the "bigger" person. I had my head buried in my suduko on my blackberry trying not to laugh my ass off. It was pretty funny though!

1 comment:

Penny said...

I think the guilt comes from the fact that if something happens tomorrow and your new hires are injured... you're going to feel horrible... can you talk them out of going in?

Oh - and I would SO complain about the cleaning lady - that's just gross!