Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, September 04, 2006

My trip

I can't believe a week went by so quickly. We seemed to do a lot, and then not much....all at the same time. I visited:
- Floors castle
- Edinburgh castle
- Glenkinchie distillery
- Shopping
- Kelso
- St Boswells and Melrose
- Edinburgh and Glasgow

Plus loads of other stuff. We ate in loads of great establishments, although at one point we did drive around for nearly an hour and not finding a single pub to eat in. hahahah.

I have to say, being without the internet for a whole week was hard. I didn't realize how much I relied on it to chat to people, check bank accounts, read news, update this blog, read other blogs and of course, work. I did manage to do some work while I was away, mainly in the line of getting my to do list in line...and only one thing I didn't get to.

I didn't get to see my friend Lorraine which i'm sad about...and I wish I'd remembered her phone number to call her while I was there. However, i will find another time to go and see her, maybe a weekend directly into Manchester or something. That would be awesome.

i certainly am rested and am glad of the time away. I missed Trev like crazy, and am glad I'm home. Mum and Dad are off to Turkey this week, so they have a quick turnaround to get laundry done etc before they leave.


On the shopping front, I did really well until we got to Glasgow on my last day. However, when I got to Marks and Spencer, I found a few things that I "needed". Hahaha. Even then I thought I was doing OK, until I had to go to the airport for internet access on Friday night. There I found a Dorothy Perkins - and promptly found 3 pairs of shoes that I had to have. I went from having enough bags, to having to squeeze stuff in like no other. hahahahahahah

On the condo - STILL NOT READY. We're now in a hotel....which is draining the budget somewhat. I wish we'd now just paid the money and got another month of the last apartment. Hopefully we'll close this week - so we can move in at the weekend.

No comments: