Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Think I'm sick

So, before I went to bed last night I got a sore throat and felt kinda achy. Hmmm...well this morning I now have a hacking cough as well. Think I'll be working from home today.....

My friend Caroline has confirmed her trip for the weekend in a couple of weeks - should be fun. It's always nice to see NYC through the eyes of a visitor. I get so bogged down by trekking to Times Square every day I forget what fun it can be.

We had a great time at my boss' on Saturday night for dinner. lots of Italian food, and copious amounts of wine. We finished it off with jello shots (yummy! bacardi 151, capt'n morgan, orange liqueur and creme de cassis!!). It was a good night and we all had fun. Most of the time either whining about work, or reminiscing about the past (it's funny when you pay attention what you find out about people). Hahah.

Sunday we not much of anything - pottered about, got my eyes tested (you know, that dilation thingy where you can't see anything for hours afterwards - yuk) and relaxed. It was fun. Rewatched the movie The Incredibles. Blinking hilarious - makes me laugh every time I see it. Also watched Carry On At Your Convenience. 1970s movie from the UK - those movies always make me laugh no matter how terrible they really are. not sure they had Carry On movies in America.....what a loss! Mind you, not sure the humor would work here. Now of course, I want to add to my collection....so ebay here I come!

OK, off to "work from home"

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hi there, it is good to see that you had some fun. I know this isn't supposed to be used for technical information, but.... you don't actually have to have your eyes dialated unless glaucoma could be an issue and that isn't until you hit your 60's +. Just a tid bit from working with an eye doc. Plus you should wait and see mine in CR if you ever come back. She is totally awesome.