Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, December 08, 2006

It's blinking cold... and feeling guilty.....and I miss Judy

Trev's been in chicago this week and I've been hearing about how cold it is there. Here's we've been doing great with 45 degrees and sunny. This morning, I put my "middle" coat on, headphones and started walking to the train. I can honestly say I thought my butt was going to drop off. It must have dropped 30 degrees.

Getting home tonight will be fun...I may have to drop into the store and buy a hat. either that or take cabs everywhere! OK, so winter has arrived. Yippee! NOT

I can't believe I"m even writing this. Those of you who know me know that I'd always rather socialize than get my ass to the gym. It's taken a lot to get in the groove in the past two years and I think I must be finally getting there. Tuesday, Billy called and canceled my hour's training that evening. Now, any good fit person would have said "no matter, I'll go and work out alone!!". Me? Nah..........talk about giving myself the guilt trip all flipping week. If you remember I had Tuesday on vacation as I had a doc's appointment about my cough (still there...nothing to report). It was also the morning after the night before (Christmas party). So I was planning on Billy kicking the crap out of me and getting me back on the straight and narrow. Yeah...well. I had every intention of goingto the gym....except I couldn't get my ass out of the apartment and to the gym. I stayed home. I watched TV. I ate. A lot. Talk about being lardy.

Usually I would have got over that really really easily. But I haven't. I've been feeling guilty all week. I think it's because I DID manage to get my butt to the gym yesterday, and I while I managed the ski machine for 10 mins (rather than 20) and get to the pilates class...the new teacher sucks. Judy was my favourite pilates teacher. She was awesome - it was a Power Pilates class, she kicked your ass, and you really felt that you'd had a good workout and felt energised. Not this new teacher. You lay around waiting for her to stop talking, watching the clock. Not a good sign. I'll give her a couple more weeks, then I'll be changing classes. the nice thing is that the teacher on a Saturday isn't too bad - still not Judy...but still OK.

Needless to say I'm getting over it - tonight I"m meeting Billy....and by the end of that time, I'll be wondering why I even had this guilt thing going on.

Mind you....I still can't believe I even wrote all that!

No comments: