Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A day to get sane

OK, I admit it - 54 reviews in 2 weeks is RIDICULOUS. It's unattainable. I'm trying to meet my boss' deadline only to find my peers in London haven't been working to the same deadline. The company deadline is the end of the month so I've been busting my ass for no good reason. I'm annoyed to say the least. On the positive side, at least it'll be done for all but 3 on Tuesday. I'm happy about that. I'm enjoying (for the most part) giving the reviews - it's just all the writing it, reading the wider feedbacks (where other people in the company comment on performance) and consolidating and then printing off loads of statistics. Doing this for 7 people a day is draining.

Today I'm taking a sanity day. I've canceled all but one appointment today to give me more time to get my s*** together. I'm at home working.

Except...

Trev works at home and left for Colorado yesterday. Now he did admit to not doing dishes (ie put them in the EMPTY dishwasher - don't understand why the hell not). But there's stuff everywhere. so, it's now 9.15am. I wrote one review and then I've done the following:

- written a shopping list
- gone thru fridge and chucked out of date stuff
- gone thru cupboard and done the same
- put all "stuff" in a single pile to go through later
- take down Christmas decs
- set up some movies to burn on the PC ready for UK trip
- wiped and sanitized all worktops
- made jello (sugar free)
- cooked some fruit that needed eating
- done the rubbish and got it ready to take to basement

All before 9am. Am I insane? I think so. I need to get focused and I'm struggling.

At the gym last night I had a epiphany. I'm addicted. If I don't go, I get ansy. I still hate every minute I'm there, and I need to have a trainer and classes to actually go. Even so, who knew? This is weird weird weird. I've never experienced it before. Even though I complained about last Saturday and the 2.5 hour session of cardio, training, pilates....I'm going to do it all again this next Saturday. Only difference is I'm giving myself a half hour in the middle to rest and do nothing. That should work. I've decided it's worth having a trainer - it'll be interesting to see if those guys in England will notice a difference to last year. I will be BUMMED if they can't. This week I think I'm resting today, although may go to a pilates class they have, tomorrow will rest, Thursday is cardio and pilates, Friday rest, Saturday my marathon!

Food diary already today (embarrassing but true)
2 chocolate hobnobs
4 twizzlers (left over from theatre on Sunday, have chucked the rest)

OK I'm off to write 20 reviews and get sane. I'm rewarding myself with a trip to IKEA if I get done before 5. Yeeeeha!

No comments: