Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My review (part 2)

Ok, well it's been and gone. Hmmmmm - it was interesting. While I'm not surprised at my score, I am disappointed. Basically while I exceeded expectations in terms of getting things done and my enthusiasm, dedication etc the team "didn't move forward" enough. Flipping insane. So while I got lots of 2s (superior), I also got some 3s (good). My overall was a 3. Is it fair for my position? Probably - do I personally feel like it's a demotivator. Ab-so-freaking-lutely.

However, as always my boss has a unique way of making it sound better than it is. I still think I have a bunch of babies working for me. And I want to go back to program management - I just wish it paid better than it does.

Some stuff that came out of the feedback from the team was disturbing. Apparently they don't like me talking about salaries - I can HONESTLY say I have NEVER EVER discussed an individual's salary with anyone other than HR. They also think I talk badly of people - again I can say that unless I'm approached about someone's behaviour and I try and find out what's going on I don't believe I talk openly about people. In fact I make a point of not doing it. Amazing isn't it, the perception some people have.

I am still so bummed...........however, while I give myself a 3 this year as it was a grounding year there is no way it'll happen during 2007. What I think I took from it is that I didn't communicate upwards formally enough (apparently a chat isn't good enough) - which I know....but just didn't have the bandwidth.

What it also makes me realize is that I need to take time for me, and get my MBA finished. And I will.

No comments: