Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, February 15, 2007

2 P's, an R and an S

I couldn't think of an inventive title today so that's what I came up with. Here goes:

First P. Promotion. Trev has been promoted to Director, IT at his company. He's very excited. His boss has also been promoted to VP, even so it's good to see a year after being hired his efforts are being recognized. Me? First question after giving congrats was to ask if a payrise was involved. HAH. He didn't know - how do you get promoted and not get a payrise....seems weird to me. Apparently they have reviews in February so I guess we find out then.

Second P. PBS. I love that channel. Right now I'm watching a legendary British comedy "Last of the Summer Wine". It's set in northern England is about 3 friends, all men at retirement age. It's the middle of Iowa so it's their exploits. Great supporting cast, and very very funny. Well, I think so.

The R. Roses. Trev ordered roses for me and had them delivered to work - so sad that they arrived 5pm tonight rather than yesterday but still they were cute. Should I read anything into it that they were pink and not red? they were Vera Wang...so got a sample of her perfume. I'll try it out tomorrow.

The S. Snow - too much of it, so much ice and they don't know how to clear the roads/paths in a timely way. It's awful. I clearly took for granted the magnificent way they take care of snow in Iowa. Roads are ploughed, paths cleared, melty stuff put down etc. Here I've had to walk through mounds of snow, get wet feet etc etc. I need to buy boots (oh yeah, can you believe I threw a pair away in St Louis coz I never wore them).

We're off out with the guys upstairs tomorrow, and going to a neighbours housewarming party on Saturday night. I've managed to touch base with Wesley, my masseuse and I have one booked for Monday (I have a day off).

While proud of doing pilates followed by meeting Billy - my butt hurts and the top of my thighs. Oh well, all to a good cause, right? I've been resting the past 2 nights, might go tomorrow but may hurt too much.

OK, I'm off to bed to celebrate Valentine's Day a night late:)

No comments: