Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Busy busy week

It's been a busy week. I leave tonight for England - I get back on the 5th. I'm so excited - I'm getting to see everyone I want to - and some friends are traveling several hundred miles to see me. I'm really looking forward to it - even though I'll be working in London next Thursday. That's an excuse to follow up with lots of people there for work and socializing.

After my great day off (a 2 hour massage I can thoroughly recommend) we had our first condo management meeting on Tuesday night. The guy in #3 is President, Trev is Vice President (hahaha) and there were a couple of other jobs (Treasurer and something else). The meeting was hysterical - not only was the guy from the management company about 20 and looked liked something out of The Sopranos* but he was not particularly responsive to our concerns and questions. Like, why does our garage door stop working at least 3 times a week (it gets stuck). Why do we have children doing the cleaning in the building (do we agree to child labour?), why do we all have lots of things that the builder has not taken care of? etc etc etc. We all agreed that we needed a different management company and they're all meeting for bloody mary's on Sat morning to agree the way forward. I'm sad that I'll miss it but I'll be having fun of my own!!!!! I'm so happy we have a lawyer in our building because he doesn't put up with any crap.

So another example of why this dude is weird - so he's going through the budget (that he created over 18 months ago!!!!), and when we got to utilities costs (ie water, electric) he told us how we should conserve water as it'll affect the bill (duh). He then went on to painfully describe how when he showers (ewwww) he gets wet, turns off the water, soaps (double ewwwww) and then turns on the water again. I have to tell you 7 pairs of eyes all looked at each other with a "triple ewwwww" look. How yukky and gross. Who on earth thinks it's OK to lecture professional people on water consumption. Isn't that down to the condo assn itself? Weird.

Then the other shady thing this guy did was get the new President to stay behind, waited for everyone else to leave and then had him sign papers to sign the company on for a year. How nice of him. The good thing is that our lawyer knows the bylaws inside and out and that he couldn't do that. So, it's null and void. Perfect.

Anyhow, it's a mute point as we're kicking them to the curb and getting a reputable company in. Hopefully it'll all be done before I get back from my trip.

My gym attendance has been amazing. Sat Pilates, Sun Yoga, Mon Billy, Tues walking, Weds Billy. I feel that I've done enough up front to offset my lardy-ness that I will be indulging while in the UK. Everyone I know in the UK doesn't really work out a lot so if we walk 100 yards then we're doing well. While I have every intention of trying to run around the block or something I know in my heart that won't happen. I will take my yoga DVD so I can at least try.....

I'm very excited about my trip. I get to see all my friends and all my family, something that really doesn't happen every time I visit. while I'm happy seeing everyone I'm spending a day with my friend Lorraine who's driving down from Blackpool, I have dinner with Terry and Fran (used to work with Terry at BT in England years ago), and Deb (used to work for me when I first became a manager). It'll be soooooo much fun.

Unlike my trip to Scotland I will have access to the internet so will be providing updates.

*My latest hot TV program. I know I'm several years too late but now it's on A&E I'm an avid watcher. It's hilarious...esp as I live in New Jersey!

No comments: