Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The week that was

Funny bus story first. So, yesterday morning, I'm getting ready for work, I have my packed lunch, my bag, my music, headphones coat, umbrella etc and head out the door. I get the bus stop with loads of time to spare (it's a 2 min walk!!) and start looking for my ticket. Frantic, I turn my bag out on the pavement and cannot find my bus pass anywhere. I couldnt' believe it - I'm usually so organized. Then, I can't find my work pass either, so assume I've left it at home. Annoying, but surviveable. I get out $2.30 for the fare and get on the bus. I sit down for no more than a minute........and realize that both my office pass and bus pass are attached to my pants! How dumb is that. I immediately thought I should write about that. Hahaha. Dumbass.

Another topic - I'm excited as I've been asked to go to London for work. Yeeeeha. I have a 3 day meeting to attend Tues-Thurs May 8-10 so I'm travelling the previous Thurs night so I can hang out with family and friends. Tim is around, but Mum and Dad are in Turkey. I know they'll be bummed, but hey ho - I get to see them in the summer so no biggie. I won't have a whole lot of time except on the weekend but I should be able to see a few people and catch up. Very very excited.....especially as I get to travel business class.

Not much else went on this week. I went to IKEA on Monday night and picked up some stuff that makes me more organized. Certainly my tiny closet has more space now - I love it that I can spend $50 and get some really sturdy drawer sets that hold a boatload. I can't say that was the final bill - but I did pick up shelves for the bathrooms, under the bed storage boxes, stuff for the office so it was a good trip. I've also figured out the shelving I want for the other side of the closet and the laundry room so that's cool too.

My exercise routine since Sunday has been zilch. Embarrassing. I didn't go to Pilates on Tuesday night as I was playing with my IKEA stuff (!) btu I thought it was OK as I'd checked w/Billy about Wednesday morning. However, he cried off very very late Tuesday night and I didn't see the note until I was about to leave on Wednesday. Then Thursday I tried to muster the effort to at least go and do 30 mins of cardio, and I couldn't be bothered. Luckily I'm seeing Billy tomorrow at 10.30am and if I go at 9.30am and do 45 mins cardio I'll feel at least I've exhonorated myself. I'll also miss Saturday Pilates and Sunday Yoga as I'm off to Connecticut to see my friend Melissa.

Trevor got his visa renewed in London but he won't be able to fly back until Sat 14th so that'll be half a weekend blown off AGAIN. Oh well.... at least he's legal again. that's the good thing. I miss him not being around. While I know we really like our own space these days, especially as we're both working so hard - I miss him when he's not around. It makes me realize I need to be more proactive about getting some friends outside of work. While our neighbours are great I'm not sure there's anyone who I'd consider close. The boys upstairs are who we get on best with....but they're not what I'd call close friends. I think that's my late new year's resolution.

Jamaica is coming along nicely. I've booked Rachel's ticket. For Peter and Carrieanne I need to wait a while. Peter has applied for a class and if he gets in he won't make it. For Carrieanne, I miss her. She doesn't call at all these days and we exchange maybe a single text a month. I hope everything's OK - I'd love for her to join us but I'm guessing it just won't happen.

Penny, I'm thinking of you. In between work, "A", "a", and your mum I hope you're still keeping up with exercise and yoga and you sound like a different person - hang in there. If you need to talk, call me.

OK, I thought this would be a quick ramble but clearly I had a lot on my mind.

Bye

No comments: