Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Visit to Melissa's

Had a great Easter weekend at Melissa's in Glastonbury, Connecticut. We had a lot of fun. Some pics attached...going clockwise.

1) Melissa - making a call to the plumber (more on that later!), 2) Meet Lilly, 3) me in my new Jeans...do you think they make me look thinner?, 4) Spike...the old lady of the house, 5) Lilly and I.
The weekend went by so, so fast. On Friday I arrived later than planned and we went to dinner on the water. When we got home we played with the dogs for a while. Spike is 14 and she's the grand old lady - it's quite funny watching her when Lilly who's nearly 1 is playing with her. Lilly has so much energy - ALL THE TIME. She's so cute you just play with her back.
On Saturday, after sorting the plumber out (Melissa has water problems!), we went shopping to the outlet mall where, as usual when I'm near a shop, i found lots of things to buy that I never knew I needed. I picked up a new pair of jeans from Eddie Bauer as my others were a little big - do you think they make me look thinner.....it's hard to decide, but I like them anyway. Saturday afternoon on the way home we dropped off to a Thai restaurant for dinner. Old farts that we are we were both tucked up in bed by 10pm on a Saturday night. Oh well - we had fun anyway!
Sunday was also lovely. Because of the water issues (Sunday there was zero water) we relocated to Melissa's mum's house for Easter dinner. I felt so awful as I didn't prepare a thing...but it was lovely with lots of friends and family around. I was back on the train at 4pm so it's nice having a couple of hours to do nothing before work tomorrow. We had lots of chats about college and drinking games. The funniest was finding that a freshman in college plays flippy cup with water. For those of you wanting to know what flippy cup is talk to the queen...my daughter Rachel:)
Was a great weekend............Melissa is coming to NYC in a couple of weeks and we're going to see Legally Blonde the musical. Yeah! Can't wait.
Penny, I'm thinking of you.

No comments: