Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ants

Oh my - we have ants. Lots of them. Well, they're contained to the kitchen - but ewwwww! and yuk! When things like this happen I beat myself up about it and worry about whether I keep our place clean enough - that's been most of this week. Now, bear in mind I have a cleaner come in every fortnight (to you Americans....that's bi-weekly) and inbetween I'm anal about keeping clean. I'm ok with messy and untidy, but I'm not Ok with unclean. So, I'm now at the point of intrigue.

They are amazing little buggers. We have them in one spot. Every morning and evening I spray them with boiling water, fly spray, bleach, whatever and wipe them away with a swiffer. Every evening I do the same. Now these are not just ants running around..... which of course is the point of me bringing it up here (it'd be boring otherwise, right?

Every time I clean there are always lumps of plasticy stuff - what I've realized is what these fellas are doing is taking away our sealant - ie the stuff between the floorboards. it's all pretty amazing. This morning I came out to find a dozen of them moving a bug....and the bug was not there last night. Needless to say I'm now so fascinated with them I haven't bought any stuff that'd kill them. The floorboards now have holes where the sealant used to be.

I'm am paranoid though - where do they find this stuff....I'm convinced they're building a colony and I'll wake up one day to find my bed covered in ants....

OK the mind is playing tricks, I'm off to bed before I have nightmares!

No comments: