Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Weekend

Doesn't time fly by? We've done so much in just a few days. Let's take each topic one by one.

Gym. So, after my mammouth session on Thursday (an hour's training with Billy then a Spin class) I did another hour with Billy. Long story, but I like to get two training sessions in a week and I'd had to move my usual Wednesday class. Talk about over-doing it. I spent the whole weekend going "aaahhh" and "ooohhh" when I moved my back wrong. It was dreadful. Trev has historically encouraged me to get fitter (it was a long haul) but this time I was lectured. Apparently I was doing too much and needed a rest. Now, there's a first. Luckily we were away at our friend Melissa's in Connecticut so I took a full three days to recover. Tonight there was no Pilates so i did a 45 minute Spin class. Oh my.....that whoops your butt. I have to tell you 45 minutes of hard core cycling definitely burns calories. As I've said before....I'm hoping this is the secret to weightloss. (note, if I didn't eat bad things this would not even be a statement...but I like bad things and life's too short....therefore we have to find a way to burn more calories than I eat).

Trev. Husbands. What to do with them. I was off to the UK next Monday for a week - to hang out with Tim and friends (Mum and Dad are in Turkey which is a shame, but seen them lots recently so not too bad) and also go to my cousin Emily's wedding. I'm flying on the Monday so I can spend the weekend at home. Imagine my surprise when I find out my darling husband is flying out to Vegas on the Saturday morning at 9am - FOR WORK. He didn't say a flipping thing.....I was soooooo mad. I wouldn't have minded but I didn't pick him up from the airport until Saturday at 1pm on the holiday weekend as he was flying back from the a business trip. Oh yeah, and the previous weekend he'd left on a Sunday. That means that he won't have had a full weekend not working for over a month. Sucks. Anyhow, I channelled that madness - and I paid $300 for the priviledge of changing my flight to Saturday night. Thank goodness Tim can pick me up on Sunday morning instead. I'll "work from home" Monday and Tuesday in England which will save some vacation. I'm sure I can find something to do in London with my global colleagues:) Yeah! That said, I'm now worries that Trev and I aren't spending any time together at all....that can't be good. We seem to function way to well independently - I guess the question is "is that a healthy marriage?"

Weekend. After I picked Trev up from the airport we came home, packed, and then drove up to Glastonbury, Connecticut to spend a bit of time with our friend Melissa and Lily the beautiful black labrador. It was a momentus thing for Trev and I - I was so mad (see above) that I convinced Trev that we could leave our laptops at home and survive 48 hours without access to a computer. Now, we do both have Blackberries....but that's besides the point. It took a bit of convincing but when I said "I'll leave mine at home if you do" I got my way. It did us the world of good - even though we watch a lot of TV at least we were together on the same sofa - and not worrying about the latest and greatest emails:) Anyway we arrived Saturday and didn't do much. On Sunday we went to Lottie's for breakfast - nothing fancy just a great diner for food. Yum. Sunday afternoon I went with Melissa and her friend shopping and left Trev at home with Lily. Now, I did feel a little guilty for leaving Trev alone - but quite frankly - he needed the break. On Monday we came home early after a little drama with the car - it wouldn't start. Thank goodness for the AAA to get us started.

Work. I didn't do a stitch of work all weekend. That felt sooooooo good.

No comments: