Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, December 10, 2007

My Amazon Hell...

I'm an Amazon addict. I think I'm their best customer....or that's how it feels most of the time anyway. I like the return policy, I like the speed at which they send stuff etc etc. Until today.

I put together an order for Christmas at 11am this morning....and left it at the "place order" page. I then got distracted and went to a meeting. When I came back I clicked the "place order" button. Got a message saying "there's nothing in your cart". "Oh well!" thinks me, and promptly reorders everything.

An hour later I check my email. Turns out I've then got 2 orders. Hmmmprf. I think that because I only ordered it an hour ago I can go online and cancel the order. I've done that before so no biggie here.

Anyway, turns out I couldn't. So.....I call them up. I have the number.....but I bet ya can't find it on the website. So.... I ask if I can cancel an order. Can you imagine the reaction when they said no? The reason being is that it's already been sent to shipping so they can't reverse it. Best they can do is ask me to refuse the order when it's delivered. Or....I can return the items. In the mean time I've been charged twice - so I won't get my money back either.

Not a happy bunny. But in the spirit of the holiday I'll let sleeping dogs lie!

No comments: