Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Abandonment and Achievement

Weird title eh? Well, you get a few days behind without blogging and then you have so many things that have happened....and well, then you forget, then you get intimidated about all the things you didn't write about....well and blah blah blah. You get the picture.

So, first work. I'm nearly done with all the performance reviews. I have 3 today, 3 on Thursday and then I'm done. that then leaves me 10 days to get my plan ready for my new job that starts Jan 1. Can't flipping wait. While I'm kinda feeling nostalgic about the guys....my forte is definitely is not line management. Next year will be fun (I hope!!).

Anyhow, let's tackle abandonment. So, last Friday night our gym had their holiday party. I promised Billy (my trainer) and Wesley (my massage therapist) that I'd bring jello shots. Now I'm not one for the boring old vodka shots (as those of you who know me well know), I'm for the more ingeneous ones. So I had 3 tubs - ie Traffic Lights. Usually it takes 3 days to make, but as I only promised it the day before I ended up with the 3 tubs - visualize that usually the colours are one on top of the other. So, first we had lime jello and tequila, next cointreau/grand marnier and orange jello and then last we had strawberry jello with Pimms and Creme de Cassis. Needless to say they went down a storm. Back to abandonment. I had a great time, and I thought Trev did too. We were milling around, seeing each other occasionally. Anyway, having spent time with some friends it was about 1.30am and I looked for Trev to see if he wanted to leave. Couldn't find him. He wasn't at the party, I had a few guys look in the men's room, couldn't find him. Started to worry. Worried a bit more. I couldn't call him coz he's left his cell at home. Only when after 20mins of looking that I realized he wasn't there. Worried a bit more. So, decided relunctantly to go home. A friend of mine gave me a ride....and in the car I listened to my voicemail. And I quote my voicemail...."I couldn't find you so I came home. See you later". Hmmmmmmmppppppfffffffff. Not a happy bunny.

He's never done that before. Luckily I wasn't somewhere unsafe but even so. MY HUSBAND ABANDONED ME. I can't believe it....even now it makes me mad. He says he wasn't mad, just tired and wanted to sleep. when I got home he said he was going to "come back for me". Yeah.....right. That's what it looked like when I arrived. Not. Anyway, we got over it, had a row, made up, slept. I never usually drink more than a couple when I'm with him for this reason - I need a straight head to listen to him as he always gets upset and melancholy when he drinks. Better than last year I guess when he got drunk and asked for a divorce.

Onto achievement. After the weekend of complete overindulgence on the food side I did something I've never done before. I took 2 spin classes back to back. And survived. In fact, I thought I'd be a wreck and completely knackered by the experience. Not at all. I certainly feel that it was my pennance for eating so badly over the weekend. Tonight I see Billy and that'll put me back on the straight and narrow.

Peter, Rachel and Mike (Rach's boyfriend) come into town today for the holidays. Can't wait - we'll have a blast. We'll miss Carrieanne....but we'll head to Iowa early in the new year to see her too. Watch this space for our antics this week. I'm determined to keep up my gym regimen, just to work off all the extra food we're bound to be eating....hahahaha

More later....

No comments: