Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday already

Time is flying by - can't really believe it. Had a great time with the kids here (missing you Carrieanne...with you it'd be perfect!) and I'm getting quiet time on Sunday morning. I can't believe how much everyone sleeps. It's 10.09am and it's silence. Thank goodness for my ipod. Listening to the Ordinary Boys right now....then I'm going to settle down to watch the 7th Episode of Life on Mars.

We've taken lots of pics, seen a show on Broadway, eaten dim sum in Chinatown, had the house in a complete tip (which I finally broke down and tidied up last night, very theraputic), took Mike to the airport last night then Rach and I hit the mall. I know....5pm on the Saturday before Christmas. Madness. Complete chaos. We went to Ann Taylor primarily - got a good wrap and a pair of cargo pants. Then when I got home it was even better - they had 40% of all sweaters and then on the corporate discount site I belong too they had 20% off and free shipping. So....instead of a bill of $466 it was $185. So psyched about that. Have nice new clothes to start of my nice new job next year.

I've had a cold the past few days - big white dots on the back of the throat. Have been fighting it with drugs and seem to be doing OK. I did actually rest from exercise so I think it'll be OK. Won't need a doctor. Phew.

Peter is cooking Christmas dinner. I'm going to go shopping shortly - as everyone's sleeping. I"m going nuts here in the quiet. I'm an early bird. By now I've usually watched 3 TV programs, done laundry and tidied up. Oh well, more time to shop online for me.

I'm actually working this week, rather than taking time off. It will give me time to clear out my old job and start my new one fresh. Very excited about that. My replacement has been announced and he's around next week too so i feel i can do a real proper handover. I'm feeling quite melancholy about leaving the team, but also quite excited about the next chapter in my career.

OK, off to watch TV.

No comments: