Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, January 14, 2008

In this day and age....

My gym is a constant source of humor. It could have its own reality TV show. One of the biggest things that is a source of discussion and also blogging on a local website is that the gym itself does not have a website worth anything.

You may say that it's not a big thing. However, when you want to know if a class is canceled, or what the latest schedule is wouldn't it be easier to go to http://www.skyclubfitness.com/ and look it up? After the drama of Billy nearly leaving last week, I was not best pleased when I turned up for a class at 10am (Bodypump - strength training) to find that the instructor was "late". By late, I really mean "didn't freaking turn up at all". I was not a happy camper. I did manage 20 mins cardio on the stairmaster, but I do get bored when there's not someone there checking I'm doing something.

Anyway, while getting a massage from Wesley on Saturday (who now works at the same gym in the spa) he said that they've put the schedule online. Now....wouldn't you think they would have told people? You can check the website out above....but it's really just a front page with a bunch of PR from when they were building the place. In the past week they've added little buttons at the top - and there's one that says "class schedule". I'm soooooo happy about this. They have even changed the mission of the gym at the bottom, giving the new President's name. For a stickler like me though....you'd have thought the statement would have been gramatically correct with apostrophes in all the right places? Spot the error.... what wallies.

To digress, not sure I told you about my latest gadget. I bought a heart rate monitor to use when I'm in class. It tells you how many calories you're burning. The best one last week was ¾ of the Bodypump class (hadn't figured out how to turn it on!) and then a spin class. I burt 1336 calories. Does that sound a lot? I'm now totally addicted. My 20 min cardio session burt about 320. See? I'm now even more of a nerd than I was before.

Two sad things. Firstly, my friend BJ's Dad is very unwell and has been in the hospital. All the family have traveled to see him in the past week and he's being moved to a care facility. My heart is with her and her family - she's well supported but I feel lost being so far away. Second, another friend Sharon who I met at the gym had some really sad news over the holidays. Her 17 year old son was killed when he fell off a roof. I was wondering how she was doing as I hadn't heard from her...I saw her at the gym and she told me. My heart goes out to both of them.

On a brighter note, I'm off to the UK in less than 2 weeks then I'm skiing when I get back. For Trev's birthday I think we're going to go back to Iowa for the weekend so it's going to be a busy 2 months.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Totally let me know when your hitting Iowa - maybe we can hit Williamsburg while your here?