Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, January 12, 2008

That was the week that was

Phew! It flew by so fast my feet didn't touch the ground. I can't believe that in 2 weeks I'll be in England again, albeit for a business trip. What a crazy world. Between trying to keep up with my fitness routine, not eat crap, the building work at home and loads of other stuff my feet haven't touched the ground.

So, here are some of the stories and dramas of the week. Monday was boring...

Tuesday - the lady who cleans our house (I know, I know, I'm spoilt....blame Mum for that - she taught me that it's better to have someone clean the house and one less dinner out than not - it gives you more quality time!) only speaks portugese. She has a tiny amount of English and it's very hard to converse with her. So, I thought it'd be cool if I used a website (http://www.freetranslation.com/) to write her a note in portugese so I could talk to her properly. Well that went fine, I translated my message, wrote it out. Funniest thing.....I then got a screed of a letter back - all in flipping portugese. No blinking idea what it says. I thought the easiest would be to type in her writing into the same website - but oh no....it's that scrawley kind of writing that you can't really read. Hahahahahahahaha. So now I'm tracking down someone at work who speaks portugese.

Wednesday - remember our neighbours are staying with us right now so Wednesday night Jackie and I meet up for dinner in the city and a few drinks. I'm an old fart, I admit it. I only drink more than one on a weekend - I have to get up early and I don't like the headaches. Well...we finished dinner at my favourite sushi restaurant in the city (Aoki) and then I took her on the bus to where we live. Got off the bus and headed into a bar for a drink (it was probably 9pm by this time) - well, not quite sure what happened but she got quite drunk. showed her home, and then she ran up the stairs to our neighbour and had him come down for a drink. It was hysterically funny, although in my mind more like a Saturday night than a Wednesday one.

Thursday - this is when ALL the drama began. My usual readers know that I'm hooked on fitness, having a trainer, spinning etc etc. Billy texts me around 9.30am that he got fired. Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh - my whole day was shot. Our gym is "drama central" - and the only reason I stay there is for 1) Billy the trainer and 2) Carla the spin instructor. I spent the majority of my day trying to figure out what happened - he said he got fired, when I called the gym they said he quit. Calling the gym was not good. I asked to speak with the manager - apparently a new guy called Gareth is the manager. I explained that I'd just spent a crap load of money on 50 training sessions and that with the best trainer gone that I wanted my money back please. I explained that Billy was the only sane thing in the gym in the times of the management issues last year etc etc. I think the guy had zero experience. His first words were "we want to keep you what can I do?". My response was "get Billy back". He said that he'd arrange for another trainer - hmmmmm he obviously doesn't understand the relationship thingy. Idiot. anyway then another manager called me and I explained again. The weird thing was they kept saying he quit and that his behaviours were not OK - when I talked wiht Billy he said he'd be "indefinitely suspended" - now, I'm not sure what you read into that but I know that if my boss told me that it's the equivalent of being fired. My world was at an end on Thursday night. I missed my training session but did go to the spin class. I asked Carla where else she taught on the basis that if I can get a different gym then all would be fabulous once more. Drama was over by Friday - Billy talked with the head manager dude who fired the other new manager and hired him back. All is well at the ranch.

Friday - nothing happened - had a few beers with our neighbours.

Saturday - had a 10am class booked at the flipping gym. Once again the instructor doesn't turn up.

Today I'm off for a massage in 30 mins - I can't wait. Hope you didn't get too bored reading.

No comments: