Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching up

Can you believe I've been in England 11 days already? Time has flown by. Mum is doing better, although still in hospital. For a while it looked like she'd need additional surgery, but we're hoping that's now not the case. She's spent the past 4 days in a splint but now she's back on the exercise machine. By tonight she'd got to 35 degrees - she has to get to 90 before they'll let her home. I'm so glad I'm here to help - although I may have to delay my return as the whole point of my trip was to be of assistance when she was home. We'll see...I don't have to make that decision quite yet.

On the dieting and food front it's been a disaster. No matter what I try and do, Dad and Tim just eat such huge quantities.....and while it's not their fault at all when i choose something bad in a restaurant, it's so difficult not to. A lot of the meals that I order or food that I buy i cannot get at home....so i feed I need to overdose on it while I'm back.

Exercise is even worse than dieting. I've done a total of 20 pushups. That's not a lot at all. I have resolution every day that I'll at least do 100 sit ups, some crunches, balance and a few yoga poses. Yeah,.....right.

My ankle is still sore. I tried one day where I didn't wear the big bootee and while I was walking OK it's been very sore ever since then. I'm hoping that it'll get better soon - especially after the kick ass stilletoes i bought myself today:)

Not much else to report. Work has been crazy - and while I know they're OK with me being in England and working from home, it's been very stressful at times. I've found that while, in principle, they're OK - there have been crisis almost every day. The worst one was on Saturday when i was asked by my boss when I was going to get her a report. I replied and said Monday morning her time thinking that I could do it Monday morning UK time and be done. I wouldn't have minded but she waited until 2pm UK time to email on Sunday afternoon telling me she expected it that day. Hmmmmprf. usually I'm OK - but it's really irritated me this week.

Tim has bought a barbeque grill - so we've spent a lot of time grilling out. Yummo - it's so healthy too. The only problem is the bad stuff i eat after that....) Oh well, I'm on holiday, right?

No comments: